The alert on YHOO at $13.54 yesterday is now up over $1 per share or 10% today and I watching it close for any buyout news. More speculation about a buyout has hit the wires and if this goes through it could be another $2 per share win for us. I almost added more on the dip today but decided this market is nuts, I don’t want to lift my average in case the buyout gets dropped which happens all the time. I’m watching my trade until 8pm EST just in case, so I’ll text you if anything major happens.
COOL continues to hold $2 and now bids are building in the AH ($2.10 x $2.16) so I’m holding. This market is N U T S nuts, nuts, nuts but COOL has been a beast fighting off each market dip and holding above $2. If the market heads up I’m very confident we’ll get paid on COOL. Strong company news would be an added bonus and help convince shorts to move along.
JVA is making the turn as suspected, although a dip this morning made me ill first lol. This one is a risk / reward trade. The tiny market cap of $42 million means it moves up and down very easily and if there are no buyers even the slightest selling can cause a fall. I think the chart bodes in our favor now and I like it above $7 which we’ll call bottom. A turn and burn should give us $10, especially if the company puts out anything to bring in some buyers. My goal is dynamic as always, $.50 to $2.50 a share assessed daily.
NVDA went out at $12.16 by chat, text and email but by the time email hit the turn was already up $.10. Good news is I was right about a strong market close, something I said all day in chat and NVDA ran big for us delivering over $.75 per share from my alert already and is currently at $12.90. This is a bottom buster and I watched it all day, when it dipped I knew it was worth the risk down here. If the markets turn up, NVDA could pay $3 to $5 per share so I’m really happy about this entry. I’ll assess daily and hope that it sticks.
Finally, my only bad move today was buying 10k LVLT into close at $1.45 because I thought it would run hard. Problem is, the distribution on this stock today was nuts after the upgrade… ever hear sell on news??? Well that’s exactly what LVLT did and now this chat room scalp has turned against me down $.05 per share or $500 bucks. The candle is a doji so it can go either way for me,but I am concerned cause the recent low is $1.31 and I’m not interested in a $1,400 dollar loss. No alert by text or email cause it was intended as a scalp. Probably not a good idea to try and turn a scalp into swing so we’ll see how I fair. I have won on LVLT before so that’s why I decided to try and play this turn.
Updated 7:24pm EST – my LVLT was just bought at $1.46 on the offer. This was supposed to be a scalp only and distribution was just too high today for such a small move. Might gap up yes, but I’ll take the $100 profit instead of the $500 loss I had at the close and assess this again tomorrow.